Distinguished Contribution Award
Nominations Accepted: August 1, 2017
Deadline for Submission: October 20, 2017
The purpose of the Distinguished Contribution Award is to recognize the contribution of a member who has conducted or promoted research, which has enhanced the science and practice of nursing in the MNRS region.
Nominees must be members of MNRS in good standing, have an earned doctorate and be nominated according to the established procedure. Nominees must agree to attend the Annual Conference and give a presentation at the Awards Ceremony.
Nominations will be evaluated of the following criteria:
- Program of research: Quality and scope
- Research-related dissemination record
- Overall impact of research program on the profession
- Impact of research in the Midwest
- Influence on nursing research advancement and career development within the profession
- Breadth and depth of overall research contribution
Nomination Application Information should include:
- NIH Biosketch (limited to 4 pages only)
- 100-word narrative summary statement about the applicant's accomplishments and/or contributions
- Two (2) letters of support that detail the nominee's significant contribution
The MNRS Awards Committee reviews the nominations according to the criteria and makes recommendations to the Board for final approval. The Selection Sub-Committee for each award is comprised of a chair, who may be a board member, and three past award recipients who are MNRS members-in-good standing.