The Gerontological Nursing Science RIG is dedicated to the advancement of Gerontological nursing science and care of older adults through research. Members include researchers, clinicians, educators, and students with diverse backgrounds in aging-related care and practice issues.
- Serve to connect MNRS members with an interest in Gerontological nursing throughout the year
- Recognize member's contributions to Gerontological nursing science through awards and dissemination of research highlights
- Increase student involvement in the section through leadership and taskforce involvement
- Provide an opportunity for section members to become involved with, contribute to and provide leadership within MNRS
Who Should Join?
Membership in this RIG is open to all MNRS members who are interested in advancing the science of Gerontology through research, collaborative work to address issues of aging and promoting outcomes that result from the research being conducted.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- To advance Gerontological nursing science through evidence based practice and research
- To influence current and future nursing care delivery to older adults
- Serve to connect MNRS members with an interest in Gerontological nursing throughout the year;
- Recognize member's contributions to Gerontological nursing science through awards and dissemination of research highlights;
- Advance Gerontological scholarship through collaborations that target shared presentations, publications, research, and policy endeavors;
- Increase student involvement in the section by advancing leadership roles in all section committees and activities, and promoting independent student-identified endeavors; and
- Provide an opportunity for section members to become involved with, contribute to and provide leadership within MNRS.
2017-2018 RIG Contacts
- The Gero-Rig will be submitting an application for a Competitive Symposium. Topic of interest to be determined.
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
Click here to view the minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.
Click here to view the minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
2017-2018 RIG Awards to be Offered
Opens: August 1, 2017
Closes: November 10, 2017
PhD Dissertation Award (Description)
DNP Project Award (Description)
New Investigator Award (Description)
Senior Scientist Award (Description)
To apply, please email your application to the RIG Chair
Questions? Please email the RIG Chair
RIG LinkedIn Page
To join the Gerontological Nursing Science LinkedIn page, click here.
A listserv is similar to a "group" email. When something is sent to the Listserv address, it is received by all subscribers assigned to the listserv. New and renewing members who choose to volunteer on a RIG will be automatically subscribed to the RIG's Listserv. Those who do not renew their dues with be automatically unsubscribed. The Listserv is updated weekly so it is always current.
RIG Group Pages
Click here to access member only group content