The purpose of the Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG is to build regional collaboratives and MNRS resources that will facilitate the start-up, conduct, translation and dissemination of nursing research and evidence-based practices (EBP).
Who Should Join?
MNRS members interested in examining ways to promote partnerships between academic schools/colleges of nursing and clinical partners.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- To build or strengthen roles in non-academic centers for nurse scientists; to facilitate:
- translation of EBP;
- mechanisms to sustain EBP into clinical/practice settings; and
- conduct of research focused on how to quickly accelerate the translation of research findings into real world settings;
- To evaluate EBPs via comparative effectiveness research and research that assesses clinical and safety outcomes after implementation of EBP;
- To assist MNRS to advance the "future of nursing" based on IOM report's research mission;
- To enhance and maximize collaboration between academia and clinical nurse scientists; clinical/academic nurse scientists from multiple sites; nurse scientists with interdisciplinary healthcare providers/specialists and nurse scientists with corporate sponsors; etc. to enrich research results and assist in more generalizable research findings;
- To utilize our complex adaptive systems to build and disseminate clinically relevant nursing research; and
- To actualize use of big data sets from multiple health care agencies to inform research and EBP
- Determine needs of members and learn resources of MNRS that can assist in meeting/reaching goals
- Develop competitive symposia for 2017 meeting and submit
- Learn needs of academia for clinical collaborations and clinical sites (hospital and ambulatory) for academic collaborations
- Create awareness and value for the academic-clinical partnership award
Future/3 Year Plan...
- Increase visibility of RIG among graduate students to encourage more students to participate
- Explore possibilities for RIG members to co-author a paper on academic-clinical collaboration
2017-2018 RIG Contacts
||Ann Falkenberg Olson
Michelle Mahaffey Harmon
- Selected and celebrated award winner
- Discussed support of survey research (or just a survey) to learn more about academic-clinical partnerships
- Discussed communication issues and need to meet regularly
2017-2018 RIG Awards to be Offered
Opens: August 1, 2017
Closes: November 10, 2017
Academic-Clinical Partnership Award (Description)
To apply, please email your application to the RIG Chair
Questions? Please email the RIG Chair
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
Click here to view the minutes from the meeting at the 2016 conference.
Click here to view the minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
RIG LinkedIn Page
To join the Research Thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships LinkedIn page, click here.
A listserv is similar to a "group" email. When something is sent to the Listserv address, it is received by all subscribers assigned to the listserv. New and renewing members who choose to volunteer on a RIG will be automatically subscribed to the RIG's Listserv. Those who do not renew their dues with be automatically unsubscribed. The Listserv is updated weekly so it is always current.
RIG Group Pages
Click here to access member only group content