Distinguished Service Award
Nominations Accepted: August 1, 2017
Deadline for Submissions: October 20, 2017
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an MNRS member who has demonstrated dedicated service and an untiring commitment of furthering the development of the organization and its members. This service has been demonstrated through donated time, influential leadership and sustained service to MNRS. Nominees for this award must be members of MNRS for a minimum of 10 years.
Nominees must be members of MNRS for a minimum of 10 years, have an earned doctorate and be nominated according to the established procedure. Nominees must agree to attend the Annual Conference and the Awards Ceremony.
Nominations will be evaluated of the following criteria:
- Significance of contributions to nursing science
- Significance of contributions to MNRS
Nomination Application Information should include:
- NIH Biosketch (limit to 4 pages only)
- 100-word narrative summary statement about the applicant's accomplishments and/or contributions
- Two (2) letters of support that detail the nominee's significant contribution
The MNRS Awards Committee reviews the nominations according to the criteria and makes recommendations to the Board for final approval. The Selection Sub-Committee for each award is comprised of a chair, who may be a board member, and three past award recipients who are MNRS members-in-good standing.