NOTE: The former name of this RIG was that of CTSA Nurse Scientists.
The Translational Science RIG membership includes nurse scientists who are affiliated with Clinical Translation Science Award (CTSA) activities in the Midwest.
A venue for nurse scientists engaged in translational research to network, collaborate, and discuss approaches to advance nursing science and nurse scientist engagement in clinical translational science.
Who Should Join?
- Nurse scientists who are actively involved, or who have interest in, translational science activities in the Midwest.
- While emphasized in the past, members may or may not be directly involved in Clinical Translation Science Award (CTSA) activities in the Midwest.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Promoting leadership and engagement of nurse scientists within CTSA administration and programs.
- Plan to sustain the section and implement the three year goals.
- Welcome and orient our new co-chairs
- Needs Assessment / survey of interests: new co-chairs have offered to conduct a survey among membership.
Future/3 Years Goals:
- Build membership, particularly among smaller, less research-intensive colleagues, universities, and clinical settings
- Increase engagement in collaborative activities across member organizations
2017-2018 Section Contacts
Holli Devon, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing and Kristina Dreifuerst, Ph.D., Marquette University College of Nursing were the 2017 recipients of the Nurses in Translational Science Outstanding Researcher Award!
2017-2018 RIG Awards
Opens: August 1, 2017
Closes: November 10, 2017
Research Legacy Award
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
Click here to view the minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.
Click here to view the minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
RIG LinkedIn Page
To join the Translational Science LinkedIn page, click here.
A listserv is similar to a "group" email. When something is sent to the Listserv address, it is received by all subscribers assigned to the listserv. New and renewing members who choose to volunteer on a RIG will be automatically subscribed to the RIG's Listserv. Those who do not renew their dues with be automatically unsubscribed. The Listserv is updated weekly so it is always current.
RIG Group Pages
Click here to access member only group content