The purpose of the Family Health RIG is to advance family science by facilitating networking and partnerships between members, fostering the quality of the research conducted to advance family science, and facilitating dissemination of the research of section members. The Family Health RIG will continue to provide continuity as a "intellectual home and center of connectedness" for a core of nurse researches committed to extending family science.
Who Should Join?
Researchers interested in family health research
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Determine strategies to foster cutting edge family research from all perspectives among MNRS members and beyond (e.g., other regional groups).
- Explore new technologies to connect RIG members to collaborators both within and outside of the RIG to address needed expertise, to develop synergies, to offer mutual support and to form effective teams.
- Provide recognition for excellence in research in family with the following awards: Senior Investigator/New Investigator (every other year) and dissertation award (yearly).
- Plan and conduct a pre-conference focused on family science on a 4-5 year cycle (unique challenges/opportunities in family research such as: family across the lifespan, design, research strategies, intervention science, complexity of methodologies to address family science analysis, patient/family centered outcomes or comparative effectiveness which focuses on family centered outcomes).
- Plan and submit for consideration, symposium (guaranteed or open) for the MNRS meeting and/or international family meeting(s). Promote intra-professional and inter-professional family research projects.
- Increase visibility and enhance the image of family health nursing practice
- Get all members ORCID to track members publications
- Develop a shared document that includes members name, research focus, and link to profile
2018-2019 RIG Contacts
2018-2019 RIG Awards to be Offered
Opens: To be announced
Closes:To be announced
New Investigator Award
Mid-Career Scientist Award
To apply, please email your application to the RIG Chair
Questions? Please email the RIG Chair
Click here to download the minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.
Click here to download the minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Click here to download the minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
RIG LinkedIn Page
To join the Family Health LinkedIn page, click here.
A listserv is similar to a "group" email. When something is sent to the Listserv address, it is received by all subscribers assigned to the listserv. New and renewing members who choose to volunteer on a RIG will be automatically subscribed to the RIG's Listserv. Those who do not renew their dues with be automatically unsubscribed. The Listserv is updated weekly so it is always current.
FAMILY RIG MEMBERS ABROAD!!
MNRS Family RIG members attending the International Family Nursing Conference in Pamplona Spain.
Pictured: Sandra Eggenberger, Joan Totka, Kathy Sawin, Rachel Schiffman, Monique Riodosh, Norah Johnson and Marilyn Swan.
RIG Group Pages
Click here to access member only group content