The Pediatric RIG's purpose is to encourage networking among researchers either currently conducting or interested in conducting research involving children. Members can meet others doing similar research, benefit from the advice of distinguished researchers, and find or become a mentor.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Promote collaboration among investigators in the RIG
- Provide mentorship for new/early pediatric investigators
- Address the need to increase nurses entering pediatrics for practice and research
- Promote collaboration and mentorship among investigators in the RIG: offer quarterly conference calls to promote discussion among members regarding activities to meet 3-year goals; distribute roster of members with interest in collaboration, including a listing of their research interests, and contact information
- Address the need to increase nurses entering pediatrics for practice and research: query members on current pediatric faculty and curricula, consider conducting a national survey study
2018-2019 RIG Contacts
Member in the Spotlight
Jill Kilanowski, PhD, RN, APRN, CPNP, FAAN
Dr. Jill Kilanowski is pediatric nurse practitioner, an educator, and nurse scientist conducting quantitative and qualitative research. Kilanowski earned her PhD from The Ohio State University: her dissertation titled, "Health Disparities in Itinerant Carnival and Migrant Children." Her community-based research examines unhealthy weight and agricultural safety education in Latino children of migrant and seasonal agricultural workers. She developed low-literacy culturally-sensitive interventions for children and families. She completed a NIH KL2 award at Case Western Reserve University. She has received funding as an investigator from NIH, and various foundations. She has completed 20 research studies and is published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented internationally. In her long academic history she has served as faculty at Case Western Reserve University, Michigan State University, Capital University, Otterbein University, and Fairfield University in Connecticut. She is now Associate Dean for Graduate Program at Mount Carmel College of Nursing in Columbus, Ohio. Acknowledging her expertise, Dr. Kilanowski was appointed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services to serve as chair of the National Advisory Council on Migrant Health. In 2013, she was inducted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing.
- Guaranteed Symposia 2016
- Evaluation of a Community Campaign: Newborn Umbilical Cord Care
Author(s): Susan M. Walsh, DNP, CPNP; Kathleen Norr, PhD; Healther Sipsma, PhD
- Caring for Infants with Milk Soy Protein Intolerance: Challenges with Hypoallergenic Formulas and Reimbursement
Author(s): Kari Wade EdD, MSN, RN, CNE
- The Face of Diabetes: The Child's Perspective
Author (s): Kathleen Elertson, DNP, APANP, CPNP,BC, RN; Shari Leisch. APNP, RN, CDE; Elizabeth K. Babler, PhD, PPCNP-PC, RN, CDE
- A Retrospective Review of Child Abuse Screening in Children Less than 3 years of Age
Author(s): Kelly S. Faclome, RN, MS, CNL; Suzanne Moody MPA; Charles T. Mehlman, DO, MPH; Richard A Falcone, MD, MPH
- Neurobiology of Attachment: From Bench Proposals to Public Policy
Author(s): Ashley Weber, PhD(c), Ms. RN: Tondi M. Harrison, PhD, RN; Deborah, Steward PhD, RN
2018-2019 RIG Awards being Offered
Opens: To be announced
Closes: To be announced
Early stage researcher (Description)
To apply, please email your application to the RIG Chair
Questions? Please email the RIG Chair
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
Click here to view the Pediatric RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Conference.
Click here to view the minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Click here to view the minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
RIG LinkedIn Page
To join the Pediatric LinkedIn page, click here.
A listserv is similar to a "group" email. When something is sent to the Listserv address, it is received by all subscribers assigned to the listserv. New and renewing members who choose to volunteer on a RIG will be automatically subscribed to the RIG's Listserv. Those who do not renew their dues with be automatically unsubscribed. The Listserv is updated weekly so it is always current.
RIG Group Pages
Click here to access member only group content